I found this project on Design*Sponge, they got the project from tali at Growing Up Creative. I am currently collecting toliet paper rolls to start the project (with just me and my husband at home, this could take awhile). This is such a fun way to up-cycle items whose usual home is the trash.
Toilet Paper rolls
Paint + brushes
1. Crush paper roll
2. Cut into approximately 5 equal parts don’t have to be exact
3. Place the rolls on a flat surface creating a desired pattern. spend time trying different compositions and patterns.
4. Glue where rolls are touching, hold with laundry pins to dry. You may use a stapler as an alternative, what ever is easier. I find that glue is easier for the younger kids.
5. You may paint and add sparkles. Sprinkle the glitter on the wet paint, this way it will sticks and you wont need any glue.
6. You may expend the pattern in to an organic cell growth. The challenge is when to say STOP.